The first hydrophobic lens without compromise for mini-incisions
First-in-class material & unique patented design make the difference
Easy implantation – 2.2 mm incision
SEMTE – An exceptional innovative hydrophobic material
Bi-Flex HB is manufactured from a long-time proven SEMTE hydrophobic co-polymer material.
- A co-polymer with reduced tackiness compared to other hydrophobic materials
- Improved mechanical and rheological properties at room temperature – optimal glass transition temperature (Tg) at 4°C
- Excellent pseudo-plasticity for quick centration and positioning of the injected lens
- Low rate of cell adhesion – enhanced PCO prevention
Suitable for optimal 2.2 mm mini-incision surgery.
MEDJET B1B2.2 injector as the suitable hydraulic injection system
ELASTICITY · SOFTNESS · SHAPE MEMORY
- Smooth continuous gliding of the IOL inside the cartridge, low injection force
- Gentle but quick, symmetric and atraumatic unfolding in the capsular bag (“like hydrophilic IOLs”)
First-in-class material for an excellent optic quality and improved safety
100% glistening free
- Hydrophobic acrylic IOLs do not need to be packed & stored in water.
- SEMTE s refractive index (1.47) closer to the physiological refractive index of the aqueous humor.
- Medicontur hydrophobic IOLs are lathe cut – not molded.
Why accept materials with a low Abbe number?
Bi-Flex HB material & the Abbe number
The Abbe number is a measure of a transparent material's dispersion in relation to the refractive index.
The higher the Abbe number, the lower the chromatic aberration.
Chromatic aberration reduces image quality in visible white light because each of its color wavelengths refracts differently.
Excellent optical performance
Bi-Flex HB presents the highest Abbe number: 58
A unique & patented 360º square edge that deserves its name
Many IOLs labeled "Sharp Edge" actually do NOT have a sharp edge. A sharp edge is defined by a radius smaller than 10μm.
Studies [ 1 ] [ 2 ] have highlighted the essential role of the optics profile design – especially the existence of a square edge all around the optic: only a real square edge can stop cell migration.
Specific process manufacturing and patented design characterize all Bi-Flex IOLs with a sharp square edge all over 360° including the optic–haptic junction zone.
 Werner L, Mamalis N, Pandey SK, et al. Posterior capsule opacification in rabbit eyes implanted with hydrophilic acrylic IOLs with enhanced square edge. · J Cataract Refract
Surg 2004; 30:2403-2409 ·  Tetz M., Wildeck A. Evaluating and defining the sharpness of intraocular lenses. Part 1: Influence of optic design on the growth of the lens epithelial
cells in vitro. · J Cataract Refract Surg 2005; 31:2172-2179
A unique & patented design for perfect centration & long-term stability
An arc of contact as large as possible and perfectly balanced haptic forces result in long-term centration and stability.
Bi-Flex HB benefits from the Medicontur Flex-IOL platform design characteristics:
- Reproducible centration
- Axial, radial and rotational stability
- 2 x 90° = 180° arc of contact
Bi-Flex HB arc of contact with capsular bag equator is superior by far.
Medicontur Natural Yellow Filter
The natural yellow filter offers the required protection while preserving the quality of vision.
Violet and blue light corresponds to visible light wavelengths between 390 and 495 nanometers. It is known that short wavelengths are potentially harmful to the macula. On the other hand we know that blue light is important for the scotopic vision (night driving).
Medicontur natural yellow filter cuts from 390 nm to ca. 450 nm
- Covering the most critical “high energy” portion of visible light.
- HPreserving some of the “low energy” portion of blue light to maintain scotopic vision capacity, colour and contrast sensitivity.
Medicontur natural yellow filter: Filtering as much as necessary. Preserving as much as possible.